Sake + Sushi = perfect combination for a Japanese inspired party. This recipe will impress any guest!
The perfect sparkling summer cocktail with an Asian twist.
Sake is a rice wine that is the national beverage of Japan. The Japanese traditionally drink sake gently warmed in a small porcelain bottle poured into a porcelain cup. This recipe adds elderflower giving the sake a sweet refreshing taste.
The Sake Cocktail
- 2.5 oz sake
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz St. Germain or any elderflower liquor
- Lime soda water or champagne for a classy twist
- Lime and raspberries for garnish or any favorite fruit
- In a pitcher, mix together sake, cranberry juice, lime juice, elderflower liquor, lime soda water
- Mix together, then pour into a glass filled with ice
- Garnish with lime and raspberries
And Enjoy your Delicious Cocktail!
For the Saki lovers who just take it plain, our Pearl River Mart Sake sets are the perfect pairing
You can choose any type of filling you want. This recipe uses cucumber, crab, and shrimp for the rolls.
- Sushi Rice (we used Nishiki from a local supermarket)
- Rice Vinegar
- Vegetable Oil
- Roasted Seaweed (Sushinori brand used)
- Ginger, Wasabi, Soy sauce, or any other sauces for your sushi.
Making the Sushi Rice:
- Rinse rice till water runs clear
- Cook rice following directions on bag
- Mix together in a small sauce pan 1/2 cup rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon veg oil, 1 quarter cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook over medium heat till sugar dissolves
- Cool then stir into cooked rice
When the rice is done you are ready to roll you sushi!
- Lay out all the fillings
- Sushi matt or just on a cutting board to roll the seaweed on
- Bowl of the rice
- Bowl of water to put on the ends of seaweed to make it stick together
- Add this amount of rice or less to the seaweed
- Place the fillings in the center of the rice
- Begin to roll the the seaweed, add water to end as you finish and to the top of seaweed so it will stick together
- when you finished rolling slice with a knife and enjoy the sushi with your favorite sides
Accompanied by our Pearl River Mart chopsticks for the perfect authentic experience.